Hurricane S 1200
BHO Hardware's exclusive range of closed loop extraction systems are manufactured from 304 stainless steel and are ideal for extracting essential health oils from plants such as lavender and rose.
The Hurricane 1200 model is a top-fill passive closed loop extractor, with one 4'' x 24'' dewaxing column, an 8'' x 8'' collection base with hemi lid and a 8'' x 18'' reclamation tank with hemi lid. Solvent is moved throughout the closed loop system using a vacuum, pressure and temperature manipulation, the temperature manipulation is achieved with the use of dry ice or a heater/chiller.
Using the pressure and temperature manipulation the closed loop system can pass solvent from the reclamation tank into the top-fill dewax column, the solvent then passes over the material collecting the oil. The oil and solvent then flow into the collection base. The solvent is then recovered to the reclamation tank leaving behind the oil in the splatter platter at the bottom of the collection base. The reclamation tank has an inner level fill indicator which allows for extremely accurate solvent measurement. The system is supplied as a passive system, it can be upgraded to an active system with a CMEP-OL explosion proof recovery pump.
The Hurricane 4'' x 24'' closed loop extractor is perfect for beginner or professional extractors who have a medium amount of material to process. The dewaxing column allows the waxes, lipids and chlorophyll to be removed during the extraction process, leaving a clear pure oil. The Hurricane 1200 is supplied with the 8'' collection base with hemi lid and 8'' x 18'' reclamation tank with hemi lid. Both the collection base and reclamation tank have two viewing windows which allow the extractor to easily view the progress of each stage. The 8'' x 8'' collection base and 8'' x 18'' reclamation tank allows for the use of a larger dewaxing column when required.
The collection base and reclamation tank has enough solvent capacity to wash the material twice in one run, this allows for greater yields.
BHO Hardware closed loop systems can be supplied with either Viton, Buna or EPDM gaskets, depending on the solvent being used for the extraction. BHO Hardware also supply a wide range of gaskets with mesh filters, varying from 5'' 150 micron, these are also available with Viton, Buna & EPDM. Which filter you choose will be influenced by your desired end result, for those who want to remove as many waxes and lipids as possible will need to use the 5 micron filter. Extractors who want to preserve some yield, will only want to go as low as 30 micron.
All BHO Hardware closed loop systems are designed, built and pressure tested in the UK before being dispatched to customers. All the closed loop systems are pressure tested @ 100 PSI over a minimum of 72 hours.
Our extraction systems can be customised to suit your needs. If you would like to customise a system please call our office on 0114 229 1807.
- 1 x 4” shower head with nitrogen assist and quick release coupler
- 4” x 24” 304 Stainless Steel Dewax Column with Ice chaser port (1200g)
- 316 stainless steel ¼” Heavy Duty Ball Valves all colour coded and labelled stainless steel 1.5” Heavy Duty Ball Valves
- 10” x 10” Collection Base with Hemi Lid & 2 Viewing Ports & 5 M-NPT ports
- 10” x3” Splatter Platter
- 12” x 20” Reclamation Tank with Hemi Lid, dipstick and 2 viewing ports and level indicator (available upgrade to condensing coil)
- 2 x 2 metre Stainless Steel Braided PTFE Hose
- 1 x 1cm Stainless Steel Braided PTFE Hose with hose tail connector for quick release couplers
- Filter Plate with 150 Micron Mesh Filter
- High Pressure Clamps
- Viton, Buna or EPDM Gaskets
- Glycerine filled vacuum gauges
- Couplers, connectors, hex nuts etc
- Instruction Manual
- 4” x 24” Dewaxing Column Capacity
- 1200g of material
- 3987.80ml Gross (9.4 x 420ml Whip-It Butane Can)
- 10” x 15” Collection Base with Hemi Lid Inc 3” splatter platter
- 18696.81ml of Solvent (45 x 420ml Whip-It Butane Can)
- 10” x 3” Splatter Platter I.U.A.T.T
- 12” x 18” Reclamation Tank with Hemi Lid
- 26917.65ml of Solvent (64 x 420ml Whip-It Butane Can)
- Note all solvent capacity is measured at -20
- The Hurricane 1200 is supplied with NPT fittings as standard.
- 2 year warranty with BHO Hardware closed loop systems – excludes gaskets and screens.
- Designed, assembled & tested in the UK on a BHO Hardware site.
- Custom builds are available at request.
- Systems can hold a vacuum as low as -29.9inHg / -1 bar.
- Quick-release 304 stainless steel coupler for vacuum pump and hoses.
- Never put butane filled tubes in the freezer.
- Always use in extremely well-ventilated OUTDOOR areas.
- Using a combination of dry ice and heat will help move the solvent more around the closed loop system
- Ensure you leave 20% space in the gas reclamation tank to account for expansion.
- When packing the tube try to compress the product as much as possible, this will help saturate all the product when you soak the material in Butane.
- Vacuuming the tube after you’ve packed the product helps remove any unwanted moisture and oxygen. The vacuum will enable faster filling of butane.