Hurricane S 1500
BHO Hardware's exclusive range of closed loop extraction systems are manufactured from 304 stainless steel and are ideal for extracting essential health oils from plants such as lavender and rose.
How it works
This model is a top-fill passive closed loop extractor, Solvent is moved throughout the closed loop system using a vacuum, pressure, and temperature manipulation. The temperature manipulation is achieved with the use of dry ice or a heater/chiller.
Using the pressure and temperature manipulation the closed loop system can pass solvent from the reclamation tank into the top-fill dewax column. The solvent then passes over the material collecting the oil. The oil and solvent then flow into the collection base. The solvent is then recovered to the reclamation tank leaving behind the oil in the splatter platter at the bottom of the collection base. The reclamation tank has an inner level fill indicator which allows for extremely accurate solvent measurement. The system is supplied as a passive system; it can be upgraded to an active system with a CMEP-OL explosion proof recovery pump.
About the system
All BHO Hardware closed loop systems come as standard with non-kink hoses and colour coded taps to help the user not only to set up the system correctly but also to help the user once they are extracting All the colour coded taps and the connecting pieces are cut from 316 stainless steel. This ensures for better connection and longer lasting parts.
The system comes equipped with a nitrogen gas inlet valve at the top of the material column. This part has a quick release valve fitted allowing the user to quickly couple their system up to nitrogen, enabling solvent to be pushed around the system. The same port is designed to couple up to the pump that is provided in the kit. This allows the material column to be swapped out and a vacuum be pulled on the system from the top of the material stack while recovering the solvent from the base.
At the bottom of the material column a filter plate is added which comes as standard with a 2000 mesh stainless steel screen. This helps fix the finer 25-micron filter in place. Both these screens are then held in place using an O-ring. The filter plate and the filters screens placed inside help remove not only the larger particles from entering the oil cached below the 1.5” 3 piece ball valve but they also catch the finer waxes as well.
The dewaxing column allows the waxes, lipids and chlorophyll to be removed during the extraction process, The closed loop base and reclamation tank come fitted with two viewing ports allowing a torch to be placed in one window leaving the other to look through this helps the user view inside the chambers. Both chambers have dual recovery ports allowing for a speedier solvent recovery
The collection base and reclamation tank have enough solvent capacity to wash the material three, times in one run which allows for greater yields. Both chambers have quick release clamps allowing them to be quickly and efficiently couple up to the users vacuum pump.
BHO Hardware closed loop systems come as standard with Viton gaskets but can be supplied with either Viton, Buna or EPDM gaskets, depending on the solvent being used for the extraction process. Please call 0114 229 1807 in the case that Viton gaskets do not work for your choice of solvent.
All BHO Hardware closed loop systems are designed, built and pressure tested in the UK before being dispatched to customers. All the closed loop systems are pressure tested @ 100 PSI over a minimum of 72 hours.
Our extraction systems can be customised to suit your needs. If you would like to customise a system please call our office on 0114 229 1807.
- 316 Colour coded stainless steel ¼” heavy duty ball valves
- 316 stainless steel Quick release socket couplers
- 304 stainless steel 1.5” heavy duty ball valves.
- Nitrogen ready gas inlet ports 4” x 36” 304 Stainless Steel Fully Jacketed (1500g) Please note, capacities are an estimate based on ideal material condition. You should allow for a 20% tolerance either way, depending on your biomass preparation.
- 6” x 6” collection base with hemi lid and 2 viewing ports.
- 6” x 2” splatter platter.
- 12” x 20” Fully Jacketed Reclamation Tank with Hemi Lid, dipstick and 2 viewing ports and level indicator (available upgrade to condensing coil)
- 2 x 2 metre braided black PVC coated non-kink hose
- 1 x 1 metre braided black PVC coated non-kink hose
- Filter plate with 30 micron mesh filter.
- High pressure clamps.
- Viton, Buna or EPDM gaskets.
- 1 x 3” end cap lid with shower head.
- Glycerine filled vacuum gauges.
- Vacuum Pump
- Couplers, connectors, hex nuts etc.
- Instruction manual.
- 4” x 36” Dewaxing Column Capacity
- 1500g of material
- 3987.80ml Gross (9.4 x 420ml Whip-It Butane Can)
- 10” x 15” Collection Base with Hemi Lid Inc 3” splatter platter
- 18696.81ml of Solvent (45 x 420ml Whip-It Butane Can)
- 10” x 3” Splatter Platter I.U.A.T.T
- 12” x 20” Reclamation Tank with Hemi Lid
- 26917.65ml of Solvent (64 x 420ml Whip-It Butane Can)
- Note all solvent capacity is measured at -20
Please note, capacities are an estimate based on ideal material condition. You should allow for a 20% tolerance either way, depending on your biomass preparation.
- The Hurricane S 1500 is supplied with NPT fittings as standard.
- 2-year warranty with BHO Hardware closed loop systems – excludes gaskets and screens
- Designed, assembled & tested in the UK on a BHO Hardware site
- Custom builds are available at request
- Systems can hold a vacuum as low as -29.9inHg / -1 bar
- Quick Release 304 Stainless Steel Coupler for Vacuum Pump and Hoses.
- Never put butane filled tubes in the freezer.
- Always use in extremely well-ventilated OUTDOOR areas.
- Using a combination of dry ice and heat will help move the solvent more around the closed loop system.
- Ensure you leave 20% space in the gas reclamation tank to account for expansion.
- When packing the tube try to compress the product as much as possible, this will help saturate all the product when you soak the material in Butane.
- Vacuuming the tube after you’ve packed the product helps remove any unwanted moisture and oxygen. The vacuum will enable faster filling of butane.